Search

Thursday, August 23, 2012

BURNING MAN, OOH-LA-LA!

I thought I was done with this crazy festival when we wrapped up a monstrous year with the Groove Bomb Squad at the American Dream year, in 2008. That was four years ago, seemingly a lifetime away. A lot has changed in my world since then. One of the biggest things being my involvement with MarchFourth as a musician and cameraman/editor. For the last two Burns (2010 and 2011), I've been travelling or playing with them in other parts of the "default world". This time around we've been invited by the BORG to facilitate the preponderance of live music at a festival ostensibly awash in electronica. No problem. M4 cut it's teeth at Burning Man. If there's one thing that is certain, we're going to take the bull by the horns and rock this mother. Come find me and the M4 peeps at our camp called The Dump (#20 on the map) at 6:15 and Rod's Road (Columbine). That's just south of Center Camp on the watch dial. Look for Gerlach's original fire engine number 1 parked out front and a large triangular red shade structure emanating the sounds of a an old upright piano. Yeah, it's band camp...

No comments:

Post a Comment